ELIGIBILITY: The LAY’S Do Us A Flavor Choose Your Chip Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, participating retailers, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest).
CONTEST TIMING: Contest submissions must be received between 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 13, 2014 and 10:59:59 p.m. CT on April 5, 2014 (“Contest Entry Period”). The period in which the public may buy and try the different Finalists’ Flavors and vote for their favorite begins at 12:00:01 a.m. CT on July 28, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 18, 2014 (“Contest Voting Period”). See Rules 6 and 7 for additional information on Finalist Flavors and voting.
TO ENTER: During the Contest Entry Period, the Sponsor invites participants to submit their ideas for a future flavor of LAY’S® Potato Chips. During the entry process, participants will be required to submit the following: (i) their flavor name; (ii) up to 3 ingredients; (iii) the inspiration for the flavor (limited to 140 characters); (iv) chip style (Original, Wavy, and/or Kettle Cooked); and (v) participant’s contact information, which may include first and last name, e-mail address, birthdate and state of residence (altogether, the “Entry”). Participants may submit their Entry in any of the following manners:
- (a) Online: Visit www.dousaflavor.com (“Lay’s Web site”) and follow the online instructions to complete and submit your Entry. If you login via Facebook Connect, you will not be required to enter your personal information.
- (b) Text Message: Use your cellular phone to text FLAVOR to 24477 (CHIPS). There will be a series of text messages back and forth confirming eligibility, consent to communicate with Frito-Lay about this Contest and to complete and submit your Entry. Entry by Text Message constitutes your agreement to receive up to 10 bounce-back text messages from Frito-Lay about the Contest and, if applicable, text messages and/or calls for prize notification and instructions. Text the word “STOP” to cancel (will receive a confirmatory text); text the word “HELP” for help. Participants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter by text message and may incur a standard text message charge from their wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Message and data rates may apply. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate.
- (d) Twitter: To enter via Twitter, you will need a Twitter account available at https://twitter.com/ (“Twitter Web site). There is no charge to sign up for Twitter. Throughout the Contest Entry Period, Sponsor may promote this Contest via one or more Tweets on the Twitter Web site @LAYS. Click to expand a Contest Tweet to open an entry page and then follow instructions to complete and submit your entry.
- (e) YouTube: Visit www.youtube.com/lays (“YouTube Web site”), click on the link to “Create My Flavor” and follow submission instructions to complete and submit your Entry.
- The Lay’s Web site (including Facebook Connect), the Retailer Web sites, Twitter Web site, and YouTube Web site are referred to collectively as “Web site”.
PRIZE DETAILS: Finalist Prizes (3): Fifty Thousand dollars ($50,000), awarded in the form of a check or wire transfer, payable to winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $50,000 each. Grand Prize winner is not eligible to receive a Finalist Prize. Finalist Prize Payout Terms: Finalist Prizes will be awarded after the Grand Prize Winner has been identified and verified. Allow 6-8 weeks upon Grand Prize Winner verification for Finalist Prizes to be awarded. Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize Winner shall be entitled to receive the greater of: (a) One percent (1%) of the Net Sales of the Grand Prize Winner’s Finalist Flavor for the period July 1, 2014 through July 1, 2015 (the “Sales Period”);
(b) One Million Dollars ($1,000,000). Awarded in the form of a check or wire transfer, payable to winner. ARV: $1,000,000.